learningandobserving

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Week 9 Things 20, 21, 22 &23

Here I am - all finished. Older & wiser than when I started and definitely more intrigued. (I was tempted to say puzzled-but remembered New Years resolution: refrain from temptation.)

Youtube (not to be confused with Lancome Juicy Tubes): doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid. Maybe if I was a few decades younger I'd get a kick out of all this, but I'm too much of an old cynic now- however, as I was describing the wonders of Learning 2.0 to my even older husband: 'Take yourself back 30/40 years ago when you were a kid & you had something to say to the world- What options did you have to be heard or seen? How did you share your thoughts with strangers? How did you find like-minded souls in the wilderness?' That, to me, is the beauty of Youtube & podcasts etal. Having said all that deep & meaningful stuff I need to point out I had a lot of fun re-visiting The Monkees singing "Pleasant Valley Sunday" & puzzled over a Japanese weather forecast circa 1970- why oh why??? Answer: it is because it is.

Ebooks: wow! That is so worthwhile. Music on my mp3 player is fun, but a lot of times I can take it or leave it. Most times I like to listen to my mp3 when I am suffering insomnia. A bed time story is even more appealing. Briar Rose & Rumpelstiltskin were a nostalgic journey- particularly having them read aloud to me. Last time I had a story read to me I would have been knee high to a grasshopper (fullforward to yesterday when I accidentally ripped the leg off a grasshopper trying to remove it from my favourite rosebush. Ouch- that is a bad karma event I will have to repay!) The quality was excellent and I really do look forward to downloading full version books to assist me in my multi-tasking-read-a-lot-of-books-and-anything-I-can-lay-my-hands-on lifestyle. How wonderful for so many people & a myriad of different lifestyles.

One of the the hardest thing for me to understand fully & utilise best was week 4 RSS & newsfeeds. I plan to revisit this area & learn what I missed the first time round. The actual blogging is another grey area- inserting links, widgets & the elusive Zoho Writer & not to mention all those lost drafts (don't bother coming back now- I've moved on)...I must & will conquer. Audio books & Library thing I love, Del.ici.ous & Tagging seems so simple I think I missed something - like I definitely did with Rollyo- the whole searchtool thing is a little hard for me to get my head around. Wiki & Youtube are rather lost causes for me, but Flickr & Picasa are here to stay as is Blogging (I have found my true vocation- there will be more blogging!) ADVICE: stick to the one short & simple password & username through all the different sites & programs- I got very confused there for a while!


I guess that sums up for me what Learning 2.0 is all about. It's ALL there. The only questions that matter are WHERE & HOW.

I'd like to thank all concerned for the opportunity to participate in this exciting learning project- I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Not only have I learnt about the web etc etc I have also learnt about myself- I AM tenacious, I AM capable of learning new tricks, I AM still able to be surprised & thrilled to discover new things & I AM obsessive & I AM a ranter & raver & I AM borderline mad & maybe I should not be let loose in public, but I AM having a ball.

What we all need to do is to keep learning, searching & investigating. Open our minds, switch on our pcs & join the world waiting out there. Now that this chapter is over & the real journey is just beginning I aim to go back to the beginning and refine & define all I have learnt. Thanks & hope to see you all out there!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home