learningandobserving

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Week 8 Things 18 & 19

Have just come back from trip around the world- oops, I mean cyberspace. Tried to send you a few lines via Zoho Writer but unfortunately could not find a way to post to this blog. That's another project for the 'Later-On' basket. Although I had no immediate success (posting-wise) I can see how web based programs like this will enable all of us to be more zen and travel lightly. Why would the average pc user ever need to buy a word processing etc program?

Seeing you did not receive my postcard from Zoho let me fill you in on my latest movements... On the web's award list I have been checking out the on line classifieds (Courtesy of Craig's List http://sfbay.craigslist.org/) & unfortunately due to the fact that I am currently tied to my non-travel-friendly pc I will miss out on the free stuff located in Boronia consisting of bags of cds, candle holders & mats. There is still an opportunity to obtain a free acne book (oh to be young again), I could pay for online Russian language lessons (don't know about the likelihood of needing those in the near future). Closer to home I have a chance of joining a carpool from Melbourne to QLD & if I get in soon I'll have a say on the route. Best of all, after perusing the classifieds I stuck my nose into a forum on Haiku. My favourite was on the pondering of expanding jeans after an 'all-u-can-eat-cruise'. I could relate to that- without the cruise bit.
Trouble is without that laptop prize I don't fancy my chances of gettin out there at all! But that's the whole idea isn't it? There is NO need to get 'out there' when I can sit at my desk & travel the world in my pyjamas & get home in time for breakfast. I see I am in a win/win situation here!!!
Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home