learningandobserving

Monday, November 13, 2006

WEEK 3 THING #7















I'm not so sure all this new technology is my kind of thing, however I recognise that I need to know to stay in the race so to speak. It would be too easy to just put all this into the too-hard-basket...and anyway, there is that special sort of buzz when something is learnt and conquered! I actually posted my own photo onto my own blog using technology I didn't know existed a year ago...I can hardly wait to see what is around the corner!

I wonder how this would be relevant to my work as it is now (can't imagine using flickr on the circulation desk) but I can certainly see the potential for advertising and ofcourse personal use! In any case I don't think it is so much about where we are at right now, but where all this will lead to in the future...and isn't that like the path of life?? In any case FLICKR has so much potential & I can think of many people who would be interested for a variety of reasons. Perhaps even converting the computer challenged in the way we are able to combine photography (ie creative art) with computer technology! Even just to have a stickybeak at how clever others are with their camers!

How exciting to think that we are all the new-age pioneers of some incredible future that most of us cannot even imagine- you know the saying: 'One small step for mankind...' AND I was there (watching on TV) for that moment, too!!! What a fabulous time we are in; what a sin to waste that time and stick our heads in the sand saying'It's too hard/ too late for me". If nothing else, if for whatever reason I choose not to use this new technology, at least I wont be in TOTAL ignorance of what is going on around me.

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations on your determined approach to blogging and learning 2.0. You inspire yourself and others.

    By Blogger Christine Mackenzie, at 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home